What is Individual Private Medical Insurance?
Individual Private Medical Insurance is designed to ensure you can receive healthcare privately when you need it most. When considering personal health cover the first thing you’ll come to recognise is the sheer range of options available. Whatever your requirements and budget, we can help identify the health plan which best suits your needs.
What you can expect:
- Peace of mind- to know that if the worst happens and you need consultations, a diagnosis or hospital treatment you will not join a queue.
- Choice – to know when and where you will be treated – no more sitting about in NHS waiting rooms!
- Flexibility – to choose your consultant and the hospital where you will be treated.
- Continuity – know that you will be seen by that very same consultant throughout your treatment and when they come to see you, they won’t be accompanied by hordes of medical students!
- Privacy – you don’t have to be on a large or mixed gender ward. Have your own room, with great facilities, even an en suite bathroom!
What’s typically covered?
- Most plans cover inpatient and day patient treatment in full.
- Outpatient Cover varies from none to Full treatment and typically covers specialist consultations, scans and diagnostic tests and having a limit can be a good way of reducing costs substantially.
- UK wide hospital list so you can receive treatment where it suits you or a limited choice should you want to reduce costs further.
- Pre-existing medical conditions and chronic conditions tend not to be covered on a personal health insurance plan.
- Various ways of underwriting a policy that can potentially cover pre-existing acute conditions in the future or transfer from an existing policy on continuous terms.
There are various ways of reducing your premiums substantially from excess’s to 6 weeks options and it is important that you get the right cover for you and your family. To discuss your requirements and find the right plan, just give one of our friendly staff a call or send us an e-mail today.