What is contractor’s insurance?

Your business always needs protection against accidents, theft, or damage, whether you’re a one-man band or an established firm. As well as having peace of mind, tradesmen, or contractors, insurance policy is also about professionalism. Should things go wrong, having an insurance policy in place protects the entire business, from expensive equipment to staff and customers.

Generally, if the business is sub £1M turnover and has less than 10 manual workers the policy will fit on a “Trades Package”, whereas larger contractors will need a “Contractors Combined”.

Covers included:

  • Public/Products Liability.
  • Employer’s Liability.
  • Tools.
  • Plant – Owned and Hired In.
  • Contract Works.

What kind of traders are covered?

Trade and contractors insurance covers a wide range of different industries and can be tailored to suit you and your business.

Examples of trades covered include:

  • Electricians and electrical contractors
  • Telecommunications engineers
  • Carpenters and joiners
  • Painters and decorators
  • Builders
  • Plumbers
  • Bricklayers
  • Plasterers

We also have the expertise to deal with those trades which are considered to be high-hazard, such as:

  • Roofers
  • Scaffolders
  • Groundworkers

How we can help

Our expert team can help you understand the specific trade and contractor insurance policies and services you need to meet your business risks. We work with you to find the best policy for your business. To find out more get in touch today and one of our advisors will be happy to help.